Thursday, May 19, 2011
Well being bored is an interesting position. I decided to google Things you should know. Look at the crazy things I ran into.
- 1,525,000,000 miles of telephone wire a strung across the U.S.
- 101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan (Wendy) are the only two Disney cartoon features with both parents that are present and don't die throughout the movie.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
- 123,000,000 cars are being driven down the U.S's highways.
- 160 cars can drive side by side on the Monumental Axis in Brazil, the world's widest road.
- 166,875,000,000 pieces of mail are delivered each year in the U.S.
- 27% of U.S. male college students believe life is "A meaningless existential hell."
- 315 entries in Webster's Dictionary will be misspelled.
- 5% of Canadians don't know the first 7 words of the Canadian anthem, but know the first 9 of the American anthem.
- 56,000,000 people go to Major League baseball each year.
- 7% of Americans don't know the first 9 words of the American anthem, but know the first 7 of the Canadian anthem.
- 85,000,000 tons of paper are used each year in the U.S.
- 99% of the solar systems mass is concentrated in the sun.
- A 10-gallon hat barely holds 6 pints.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off.
- A company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you can eat your plate.
- A cow produces 200 times more gas a day than a person.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
- A fully loaded supertanker travelling at normal speed takes a least twenty minutes to stop.
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
- A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel can.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the sweat evaporates before a person realizes it's there.
- A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average.
- A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
- A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
- A jellyfish is 95 percent water.
- A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- A jumbo jet uses 4,000 gallons of fuel to take off.
- A male emperor moth can smell a female emperor moth up to 7 miles away.
- A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 6 years. Wow.
- A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
- A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.
- A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- A quarter has 119 grooves on its edge, a dime has one less groove.
- A shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.
- A skunk can spray its stinky scent more than 10 feet.
- A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
- A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!
- A walla-walla scene is one where extras pretend to be talking in the background -- when they say "walla-walla" it looks like they are actually talking.
- A whale's penis is called a dork.
- About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30.
- About 70% of Americans who go to college do it just to make more money. [The rest of us are avoiding reality for four more years.]
- According to a British law passed in 1845, attempting to commit suicide was a capital offense. Offenders could be hanged for trying.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
The major reasons I support Dee-1. He's clean. Not afraid to criticize for the better. Fresh with ideas. From New Orleans. EDUCATED!
Dee-1's "It's my turn" is the perfect symbolization of Rappers today. Especially in New Orleans! The video is great. All the rappers lined up with the same clothes really proved the failing part of rap. Dee-1 really stood out to me with a message like that. I hope you enjoy like I did.
Everything said in this review is simply opinion. Sensitivity is not necessary! This is the thoughts of one person to another! Now enjoy!
Rapper Dow "Stockz" Jones has hit the market with his new mixtape. So is it worth listening to? Well check out this review courtesy of All Things Censored!
Songs were downloaded out of order so this is the order I heard them.
"Wall Street" starts out with this cool vibe jazz/hip hop piece. Not Sure why it follows the intro seeming that it doesn't relate to money as much as it does females. Main issue, minor but still notable, normally the intro can connect all the songs on a mixtape but here this song doesn't necessarily speak for the mixtape and let me know what the message is. Great relaxation song!
2. Cool Ish ft. Dizzy Millz
" I label studio sessions as tux days, cuz its murder i'm assertive with my funk shway."
Nice interesting follow up from anysong. The beat doesn't relate with the last song or the one that follows. I did like the lyrics! Deezy Millz was a perfect feature. His vibe matched Stockz, It worked perfect for the song, and kept the song on the upside.
3. Dead Shadow Valley
This song definantly should of followed Arrows and it did! I do like Stocks ability to tell stories and not say bullshit that doesn't apply to him. I also really like this song because he does comment on political failures. Real Life stuff for a real relevant song. I can relate to this the most. Thats why I rated this a straight 5!
4. First Nemesis ft. Nic High
Its understood that Stocks lyrical capacity is good. Now i'm looking at the small things like song speed, message, etc. This song was a low point for me. It sounds like steinmart music mixed with a jazz hall where u talk over the music. Very bland as far as music goes. Too long and uninteresting. Maybe cause it was to slow.
5. Hard In the paint
I grade low due to the fact that this song is extremely old for this new mixtape. I thought it was ok when first heard but as for now the mixtape could of down with out this.
6. Its Live ft. Marx De Lux
The reason for this rating is because no matter what this song slips out of my interest point. Not that entertaining as the other songs. Feature was the reason I came back. In the hook for example.
7. Money Never Sleeps
"Money never sleeps, Broke is a joke, I ain't been funny in some weeks."
Bravo! When I think "Wall Street" in my head. I here this! Enough Said!
8. Move in silence
I have to be tone death! That Piano key in the beat is dreadful! It ruined the song for me. Lyrics are consistent with rest of mixtape. Damn! that key is back. The track is nice as far as lyrical content. Not the best on the tape. I'd skip the track.
9. Never letting Go
Ok this has me back on good note. The beat is a nice blast in the house jam! Beat is good! Lyrics starting to become average only because the style isn't changing much which is good but nothing is amazing like talking about it! Not the whole track tho.
10. Smooth Vibe ft. Airborne & Marx De Lux
The first song which connects with its Title truly. This really is a smooth vibe song. I could ride to this song. Lyrical content not to amazing. Great feature voice! Really complements the track! Airborne's lyrics are the best on the track but not over powering.
11. Tap Out ft. JustWorthy
Really ran this chill azz beat! Nice transitions, movements, etc!
Will be running this on a playlist. Featured artist did his thing also! GOOD MUSIC!
12. Too High
No real game changer. Simple, usual, consistent. This track is good to hear but I wouldn't be affect by it ( negatively or positively).
13. All Falls Down
When taking a Kanye beat you got run it! Stockz ... Jogged it. Kept up with pace but I wasn'tt like "ohhh shit!! This cold!" Not bad. It just would be better if song is run harder or droped honestly. Also this could work for what "Wall Street" the mixtape stands for in my eyes but in Stockz it may be different.
14. Blue & White
More enjoyable than black and yellow. Honestly! Its hyper! Also he touches hoes political faults and makes them points for music. Love it! I'm tired of this beat but he has revamped my patience for it!
15. The Trip
This song is a dipp into something new. The beat is irregular but thats why it's so unique which works here. This song is really cold how it transitions to the "damn i'm trippin phase." We all felt it before! H tells stories and I can really see myself in the song. Like if my life was a music video with Stockz as the soundtrack!
1. Using other artist Beats
2. Too consistent (only one song where I felt Stockz really stepped out his comfort zone "The Trip" need more of that.)
3. Mixtape name had me looking in a different direction.
4. Song vibes were inconsistent.
1. Very consistent
2. The best features I've heard on a mixtape in a while.
3. Ability to keep me interested!
1. Death Shadow Valley
2. Tap Out
1. Hard in the Paint
2. Move in Silence
3. All falls Down
This is a must listen too mixtape. New artist coming up! Lets make it happen fast!!
Download for free!
Sunday, May 15, 2011
So I really respect 2-Cent Productions for absoulutley everything they stand for! These guys are changing the world one move at a time. Who would of ever thought of mixing new orleans bounce with an Educational message. This is what makes me feel good about wanting to better my community, because they have others doing the same. Look these guys up and support them! Also watch this video about what 2-cent stands for!
Friday, May 13, 2011
Monday, May 2, 2011
My shun Juice got me back in the office.
Osama is dead and Airgang is ready to Blow you up with a new track