Tuesday, August 10, 2010

If You REALLY Knew Me..


If you really knew me, you would know that... (fill in the blank).


If you really knew me personally, you would know that I am afraid of going beyond the boundaries that I am already familiar with. I wish that I would've made some different decisions in life, but I have no regrets. You would also know that at one point I have tried to please so many people to where I lost myself... been there?


Myself aside, MTV's new series "If You Really kNew Me" urges teenagers across the U.S to conquer their internal fears and issues alongside their peers. In the 12 part docu-series, MTV teams up with Challenge Day, an anti-bullying program for high school students. In each six hour session, the students undego activities and discussion whose main aim is to break the barrier between cliques.


But just how much have these same barriers impact schools in the New Orleans area? There are a numerous amount of self-glorifying cliques, geeks, loners, etc. When will our barriers be broken? When will we gain respect for ourselves and others as people? Some things to consider are the different backgrounds and obstacles in life which have all merged together and made us... well, us.


.. Just a thought.


-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment