Monday, October 18, 2010

Wait? She's 9?!


It was only two decades ago that we saw the Prince of Bel-Air do his thing. Who would of known that actor Will Smith would marry a very talented wife and get two show biz prodigies. The one I will focus on is nine year old Willow Smith. When I first heard her debut song "Whip my hair" I could not be convinced that she was singing. She doesn't sound that much younger than Rihanna or Keri Hilson. The song itself was not bad and for a nine year old was actually very good compared to other kids who have released music. She just released her music video for "Whip my hair" and I am truly amazed. The video itself covered so much ground. What I mean is that the video showed Willow as a kid, but also as a fierce and fiery female. If you really watch the video you see a mix of some of the most infamous female artist as of today. When I watched Willow I saw a little Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Beyonce, Keri Hilson, and even Lady Gaga. The deciding factor will be Willow's next hit single. This will show us if we will see a trend of great music or if she just got a little lucky. Here is the video.





-J.Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment