Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tune into Teens!

Yesterday I woke up rather early and I was doing my facebook thing(stalking) when I saw a status saying "Tune into Teens this morning from 10:00 to 11:00. The radio show was broadcasted on WBOK, a station I'm very familiar with. So I tuned in, and opened up my mind to a discussion moderated by Teens. The topic of the show was "What is the difference between being Racist and being Prejudice?" They came up with a lot of valid points. One person mentioned that Racism is the isolation of a Race and I really liked that description of the word. Now to all, racism is pretty well defined but Prejudice is often analysed idea. What is prejudice? Now from what I heard on Tune into Teens I felt that they were straying from the actual meaning of prejudice. Their meanings were all unique but ran along the same line that prejudice is stereotyping but I do not believe this to be true. To me prejudice is the discrimination of someone because of a trait that is known. Stereotype is what you expect of a person based on appearance or personality. Anyway I was mainly doing this post to get the word out about Tune into Teens. This is a very good outlet for teens especially. It was very easy to call in and the talk about the issue. I ask that you tune in and listen up. It is a very informative show. You can catch it from 10:00 to 11:00 on Sat. on 1230 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment