Sunday, February 6, 2011

Photo File #4: Tune into Teens (transposed)



I have decided to take pictures of things that intrigue me and post them. For some I will add commentary and for others it is up to you, the viewer.


I'm not sure if you read the November 6th article on the next revolution of youth media. That is, Tune Into Teens (TIT)! This show is Hosted, Co-Hosted, and infiltrated by teen guest speakers. TIT tackles all the issues going on in the New Orleans community along with the country! The Show is hosted by the fiesty, Strong headed Soroya, a local junior in high school. The Co-Host is myself. I have just been introduced to the cast and the show. My 3rd episode is approaching this weekend and the topic of discussion has not been decided yet. We come on every Saturday from 10 to 11 on Wbok. If you live in New Orleans then you can Tune in on 1230 Am radio. If your anywhere else you can Tune in Via http://www.wbok1230am.com/. During the time of the show you will be allowed to click on the show link on the home page. Also you can follow on facebook and twitter (both Tune into Teens).





November Article:


Yesterday I woke up rather early and I was doing my facebook thing(stalking) when I saw a status saying "Tune into Teens this morning from 10:00 to 11:00. The radio show was broadcasted on WBOK, a station I'm very familiar with. So I tuned in, and opened up my mind to a discussion moderated by Teens. The topic of the show was "What is the difference between being Racist and being Prejudice?" They came up with a lot of valid points. One person mentioned that Racism is the isolation of a Race and I really liked that description of the word. Now to all, racism is pretty well defined but Prejudice is often analysed idea. What is prejudice? Now from what I heard on Tune into Teens I felt that they were straying from the actual meaning of prejudice. Their meanings were all unique but ran along the same line that prejudice is stereotyping but I do not believe this to be true. To me prejudice is the discrimination of someone because of a trait that is known. Stereotype is what you expect of a person based on appearance or personality. Anyway I was mainly doing this post to get the word out about Tune into Teens. This is a very good outlet for teens especially. It was very easy to call in and the talk about the issue. I ask that you tune in and listen up. It is a very informative show. You can catch it from 10:00 to 11:00 on Sat. on 1230 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment